The scheduled appointment is reserved specifically for your child. Any change in this appointment affects many patients. If a cancellation is unavoidable, please call the office at least 24 hours in advance so that we may give that time to another patient.
- We strive to see all patients on time for their scheduled appointment. There are times when our schedule is delayed in order to accommodate an injured child or an emergency. Please accept our apology in advance should this occur during your appointment. We will do the exact same if your child is in need of emergency treatment.
- Please plan to arrive 5 minutes or more before your scheduled appointment. This will allow time to complete any additional paperwork and see your child on time.
- If you arrive 10-15 minutes late for your appointment, you may be asked to reschedule for the next available appointment time.
- Again, please call at least 24 hours in advance if a cancellation is unavoidable so that we may give it to another patient.
- Broken or missed appointments affect many people. If two (2) broken/missed appointments occur or two (2) cancellations without 24-hour notice, our office reserves the right to NOT schedule any subsequent appointments.
If at any time you have questions, please feel free to ask our staff or call our office. We are here to help in any way we can. We appreciate you entrusting your child’s dental health to us.
Thank you for choosing our office for your child’s dental treatment. We are committed to their successful treatment! Please understand that payment of your bill is considered a part of your child’s treatment.
- Please be aware that the parent bringing the child to Johnson Pediatric Dental Center is legally responsible for payment of all charges. We cannot send statements to other persons.
- As a courtesy, we will bill your insurance carrier for you. We will set aside, for 60 days, that part of the balance which the insurance is expected to cover. If your insurance carrier does not send payment within 60 days, the balance is then due and payable by you, unless other payment arrangements have been made.
- Most insurance companies ONLY PAY A PORTION of the fees incurred. We require that your share for each procedure be paid at the time of treatment.
- We remind you that insurance coverage is an agreement between you and the insurance carrier; therefore, the account is in your name and final responsibility for any unpaid balance will be yours. When insurance payments are delayed, or less then anticipated, we will assist you with inquiries to your insurance carriers. However, it is our experience that insurance carriers respond best when the inquiry comes from you, the patient.
- We recognize that under unusual circumstances an account balance may be incurred. Johnson Pediatric Dental Center requires that all outstanding balances be paid in full within 30 days after receipt of statement. If not paid in full, an interest rate of 1.5% monthly (18% annually) will accrue.
- For our patients without insurance coverage:
Payment is required at the time of treatment. Payment arrangements can be made.
- Payment Options:
Payment may be made by cash, personal check, money order, credit card (MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or American Express) or Care Credit.
- For all patients:
If we have not received payment or you have not contacted us within 90 days, further action may be taken with a collection agency. Thank you in advance for your understanding of our financial policy!
Parents Participation And Privacy
Due to limited space and respecting the privacy of our other patients, one parent is welcome but not required to accompany their child into the treatment area. We ask that the parent sit in the chair provided and act as a “silent observer” during the restorative appointment. If more than one person is speaking to the child they may become confused. Cooperation and trust must be established between Dr. Johnson and your child and not through you. This allows the doctor and staff to communicate with your child directly without distractions or safety concerns. We encourage older children to come back to the treatment area by themselves as this builds autonomy and trust. Older children such as 5 years and older typically do better without a parent present during an operative (filling) appointment.
There may be times when a child’s experience is enhanced by a parent’s absence. In this case, we may ask the parent wait in the reception room during treatment in order to facilitate a more direct line of communication between Dr. Johnson and the child.
The use of cellular phones is prohibited in the treatment areas. Conversations carried on by others in the clinical area can be very distracting to children, thus preventing us from close, careful communication with each young patient.
Again or goal is to make your child’s dental visit a safe and positive one. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation in these matters.